Music Teacher for Early Education (Long Island, Farmingdale)
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for assisting the Little Wing Teacher and/or Little Wing Director to prepare, provide, and conclude each Little Wing session.
• Provide high energy, and be well received by parents of young kids.
• Must be an organized person who exudes enthusiasm and commitment to providing high quality music education to children under the age of 6.
• Responsible for Assisting the little Wing classes in a fun and engaging manner to keep the Little Wing participants moving through the educational program.
• Demonstrate a warm command of the lesson room and be capable of communicating students' musical progress to parents.
• Enthusiastic, with high energy, yet persistently calm in their dealing with kids and parents.
• Relates well to parents and kids, and has a pleasant voice.
• Happy person with a positive demeanor on the phone and in person; someone who smiles often.
• Understands the basics of music (pitch & beat), and has some musical background, but doesn't need to be a musician.
• May have had a theatrical past and understands how to engage an audience; A dance, or vocals background is a plus but not required.
• Has a passion for and experience working with children under the age of six (6).
• Is organized and prepared, and Educational credits in early childhood development is a plus but not required.
School of Rock, LLC is the original performance-based, interactive music school founded in 1998 in Philadelphia. With 50 schools and a strong nationally recognized brand, the Company is the largest after school music education provider. School of Rock's mission is to inspire kids to rock onstage, and in life!
Qualified candidates please reply with a cover letter and resume.
It is the policy of the School of Rock to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. School of Rock complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
School of Rock expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of School of Rock's employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
Posting ID: 4148888220