Production Manager (Suffolk County)
compensation: based on experience
• HS Diploma or GED or equivalent.
• Minimum 5 years of related experience.
• Demonstrated Leadership abilities are required.
• Knowledge of Production safety regulatory standards.
• HACCP certification, safety, Hazcom, customer service training.
• Complete knowledge of Word, Excel & Sage X3.
• MS Office applications required.
• Fluent English speaking and writing skills are required, Spanish language skill is a plus.
• Demonstrated Human Relation skills sufficient to communicate performance expectations and motivate and retain staff members.
Effectively and efficiently supervise the day to day production activities. Foster a fair and congenial employment environment that encourages positive employee relations and supports retention.
o Meet with staff daily to review the day's production needs.
o Train all staff to have a critical eye toward the product they produce.
o Review the next day's production needs to ensure that all appropriate foods are taken out of the freezer and allowed to defrost in time for production.
o Schedule the day's production around any change in the schedule that may be caused by product shortage or shipping needs.
o Review the labor schedule daily to reduce any overtime due to menu or product changes.
o Ensure all Team Members sign in only after they are in proper uniform and are ready for work.
o Ensure staff fills out proper paperwork with correct weights, lot numbers of components
o Ensure that all the team members when returning to the floor wash hands and use barrier system when dispensing food. (Gloves, sleeves, etc...)
o Ensure all Team Members are in serviced in GMPs and is document after each training class.
Also manager must maintain a Food Handlers Certificate from Suffolk County. You must attend a class at least once every three years.
o Monitor the production to ensure that the highest efficiency is achieved.
o Maintain and manage payroll on a daily bases
o Encourage and develop all Team Members to achieve their highest potential and promote when they are ready.
o Hold bi-weekly safety meetings with the entire staff in the culinary center. Review important safety practices as issued from Main Office. Document and submit to Operations Manager.
Work Schedule Mon-Fri
Email resume for consideration
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers