Evening Nursing Supervisor Awesome Benefits No Weekends Required
QR Code Link to This Post
We have a new opening for a full time, overnight, Nursing Supervisor. Must have a valid NYS RN license. Annual Salary to start at $104,000 however there is room for negotiations. year.
· Supervise and coordinate all functions within the nursing department.
· Must be proficient in the understanding and use of the reporting system in electronic Medical Record (ECR).
· Train nursing staff on the Electronic Medical Records system.
· Follow up with staff to ensure electronic medical records are completed within a specified timeframe on a daily basis.
· Prepares monthly schedule for nursing staff; ensures adequate staffing.
· Supervises and updates patient records; assures that medical instructions are carried out by nursing staff.
· Consults and meets with staff to discuss patient care issues, specific nursing problems, and methods of improving nursing services.
· Assists in orientation of new staff members to the nursing department.
· Provides for professional growth and development of nursing staff through identification of needs, developing training classes on identified needs (formal and continuing) and evaluation of same. Coordinates in-service training for nursing staff. Provides staff training in the operation of medical equipment.
· Counsels employees and, as necessary, takes appropriate disciplinary action for infractions of policy.
· Collaborates with administrative support services to provide a safe, clean, and secure environment for patients, staff, and visitors.
· Evaluates and sets standards for use of facility and equipment and monitors utilization of equipment and supplies.
· Promotes open communication within all units and departments.
· Provides input and standards in formulating patient care policy and procedures for the nursing department and the organization. Works with the medical staff to coordinate medical and nursing management of patient care.
· May assume role of patient advocate respecting guidelines found in Patient Bill of Rights.
· In the absence of nursing staff, performs Staff Nurse duties.
· Attends meetings as assigned.
· Conduct staff monthly meetings.
· Conducts staff performance appraisals.
· Monitor checking of equipment, emergency supplies and medications on each unit.
· Reviews Electronic Medical Records, care plans, and documentation by staff.
· Reports any problems and concerns within Medical/Nursing department to the Director of Nursing and/or Executive Vice President of Nursing.
· Ensure that all incident reports are completed in a timely manner. Reviewed for accuracy and completeness, depending on the nature of the incident, including witness statements. Ensure that the AOD is notified in a timely manner.
· Respond to all codes (red/blue/yellow/silver) called within the facility. Ensure adequate response from staff, delegate responsibility and action to be taken as indicated.
· Assist with all payroll issues.
· Performs all other duties as delegated by Director or Nursing and/or Executive Vice President of Nursing.
Salary and benefits:
The FT Nursing Supervisor would be entitled to 4 weeks vacation, 4 personal days, 12 sick days and 8 holidays at the end of a completed
Salary range: $104k-$115k
Hours: Mon-Fri 11 p.m.-7 p.m.
*AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER*