Our client, one of the world's best hospitals and research centers is actively seeking an experienced Logistics Associate for their Commack, Long Island location.
• Supply Ordering – take inventory and order supplies to maintain par levels in all assigned supply areas per established schedule
• Count supplies in assigned supply areas, item by item, and notes quantities needed to bring items up to par level.
• Order additional supplies as requested by outpatient leadership team.
• Anticipate and avoid problems/issues by ordering out of stock and depleted items as soon as possible.
• Identify overstocked items and return them to the Off-Site Distribution Center for credit.
• Identify fast moving items and monitor them closely.
• Supply Distribution – Deliver and stores supplies in appropriate location per department guidelines within established time frames.
• Check all orders received from Dispatch room for accuracy
• Distribute items and stores in appropriate location according to item; follow established priority in the delivery and storage of items.
• Distribute items and patient charge items by 11AM daily.
*Facility Maintenance & Operation
• Assist with the overall maintenance of the facility
• Ensure that all areas are maintained in a safe, attractive and appropriate manner that is consistent with the standards of the facility and institution.
• Participate in regular environment rounds of each suite/service to ensure that the physical appearance and safety of the environment are being maintained in accordance with Institutional standards.
• Ensure availability of operational equipment in all outpatient areas.
• Ensure availability of equipment required to carry out area’s operations by adequately assessing and appropriately meeting needs within fiscal guidelines.
• Meet with clinical and admin staff to ascertain needs for medical equipment.
• Facilitate timely repair of scopes; follow Institutional repair/return processes and maintains up to date documentation.
• GED/HS Diploma
• At least 1 year of relevant experience
• Physical Demands
• Ability to lift 50 lbs
• Able to walk and push heavy carts
• Standing for long periods of time
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers