The Shipping/Receiving Clerk will manage shipping and receiving for trucks and deliveries.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Receives goods and verifies the quality and count of all items unloaded from, trucks and trailers; checks against suppliers’ count and immediately reports discrepancies to carriers, supervisor, and purchasing officer per company policy.
• Verifies and records all items loaded for shipments.
• Carefully and accurately maintains shipping records for requested categories including goods returned.
• Maintains database of shipment data to ensure that customer orders are updated and that appropriate billing documents are provided to accounting or other associated departments as required.
• Notifies supervisor of major discrepancies, over-shipments, or substitutions.
• Transports materials in shipping area onto delivery trucks.
• Performs other clerical duties.
Necessary Education, Skills, and Competencies (including licensing and certifications):
• Ability to accurately sort, count, and verify items received.
• Basic understanding of warehouse procedures.
• Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and/or inventory software to maintain records, input data, and create reports.
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
• State motor vehicle operator’s permit for operation of forklift highly preferred.
• Must be able to traverse distribution warehouse and access a variety of storage spaces and shelving units by stretching, squatting, and reaching.
• Must be able to lift to 50 pounds at a time.
(Medical/dental/401k other incentives)
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers