compensation: Competitive hourly rate plus benefits, paid time off and 401K employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
A Real Estate Management Firm is seeking a Construction Superintendent to work on Long Island supporting the Project Manager and team.
Minimum of 5 years hands on field experience is required with major site development and remodeling projects. Work experience includes building construction, remodeling, and project coordination. Candidate must be organized and have the ability to manage outside contractors, employees and ensure all projects are completed on a timely basis. This position reports to the Manager. Candidate will need to facilitate daily, weekly and monthly meetings to track progress. This is an Exempt position.
• Works closely with Project Manager to revise schedules as needed.
• Responsible for scheduling and supervising the quality of work done by contractors.
• Candidate must make sure all deadlines are met on a timely basis.
• Candidate needs to ensure that new hires receive necessary training.
• Must have the ability to manage, and prioritize.
• Candidate will be responsible for submitting payroll hours.
• Traveling on Long Island will be required to inspect job sites and construction projects.
• Must be able to identify and generate solutions to solve project issues.
• Position requires some lifting, carrying, bending, climbing (including stairs, step stools, ladders, etc.) and will be exposed to outside elements.
• Must have experience managing multiple projects.
• Ability to read and understand building and site plans.
• Basic Microsoft Office computer skills.
• Knowledge and experience working with budgets a plus.
• Strong communication and leadership skills.
• Must be a team player and team oriented.
• Must be detail oriented.
• Must have a valid NYS driver’s license and satisfactory driving record.
• 10 hour OSHA certified needed.
• Knowledge of Timberline software a plus.
• Must have knowledge of scheduling software (e.g. Microsoft project, primavera).
MUST SUBMIT RESUME TO BE CONSIDERED!
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers