long Island based, Full Service Computer & Network Service Company providing on-site service and support for primarily Nassau and Suffolk Counties, currently has the following position available for immediate employment. We offer competitive salaries and a competitive compensation package.
System Administrator, Server and Network Systems Technician
Qualified candidates must possess minimum of 3 years of real-world experience in installing, maintaining and troubleshooting LANs.
Preferred skills include but not limited to:
* Install, configure and support Windows 2012/2016 in a LAN / WAN environment
* Install, configure and support VMware Server
* Install, configure and support Linux flavors
* Install, configure and support MacOS and related Apple devices
* Install and configure network printers and assign rights
* Install and configure DHCP, DNS, IIS RDP and WINS
* Install and troubleshoot Windows Terminal servers and connections to those servers
* Install and configure server and desktop applications (i.e. MS Office/Exchange/SQL, etc)
* 1st level troubleshooting of firewalls and network security related issues
* Strong understanding of network infrastructure technologies (routing, switching, wireless, etc)
* Strong understanding of security technologies (firewalls, patch management, best practices)
Knowledge and experience with the following preferred:
AWS configuration and hosting.
Linux (Various flavors)
Maintaining/supporting Linux hosted Web and Mail Servers.
DNS - Web Servers
The position requires knowledge of most computers, peripherals, desktops and network operating systems. Any Certifications such as HP, Apple, IBM certifications a plus.
Candidates must possess good telephone skills and be highly organized. This position will require direct interface with clients, vendors and internal staff.
Responsibilities include timely telephone network support, on-site network and PC support, remote access and dial-in-support and troubleshooting.
If you are technically oriented, have a great personality and a love for the business, you don't have to know everything, just a good sense of humor and an old fashion work ethic will do.
We look forward to working together as a team!
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers