Network Support Technician / Field Support Technician (Hauppauge, NY)
compensation: $55K - $70K depending on experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Network Support Technician / Field Support Technician
L.I. Based IT Solution Provider has an immediate opening for a Network Support Technician / Field Support Technician to join our staff.
Responsibilities will include management, administration, installation, configuration, troubleshooting, and maintenance of Servers and desktops (hardware and software) for our customers
This is a Full Time Permanent position
Services are performed in office, remotely, and on-site at our customers’ locations in the Long Island and NY Metropolitan area.
Candidates should possess a minimum of 5 years related industry experience to apply.
Job Responsibilities to include:
• Directly interface with end users providing guidance and resolving their technology problems
• Set up and maintain customer networks (LAN/WAN)
• Connect new users to network and provide initial training if required
• Set up and maintain Servers, Workstations, Routers, Switches, and peripherals
• Troubleshoot hardware and software issues anywhere across the LAN/WAN
• Provide support for firewalls, routers, wireless networks and printers
• Install, implement, and upgrade software and hardware, as needed
• Diagnose and remove computer viruses and malware
• Interface with vendors for product support
• Maintain documentation for all assets and issues
• Use of ticketing system for all support calls and projects
• Perform special projects as requested
• Administer and manage Office 365 Cloud environment including Exchange/Sharepoint/Teams
• Administer Mobile Device Management (MDM) on IOS/ Android based Mobile devices
• Administer and manage enterprise level web content filtering
• Support VPN and Remote access Solutions
• VOIP experience a plus
• Understand and anticipate customers' current and future IT needs.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
Must be a self-starter with a strong work ethic
Have excellent troubleshooting skills
Be personable and able to provide outstanding customer service
Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
Ability to work with minimum supervision
• BS/BA degree in Computer Science OR experience in related Information Technology role
• MINIMUM of 5 years' experience in an IT role supporting LAN hardware and software
• Must be familiar with Microsoft network environments including Win10 PRO, Windows Server 2012R2, 2016, 2019 and possess a good understanding of Microsoft Office products, especially Office 365 applications administration and management
• Current Comptia A+ Certification required
• Microsoft and Network+ Certifications preferred
• Good working knowledge of Routers and Switches, TCP/IP, WAN/LAN and Wireless Access technologies
• Active Directory Administration, Group Policy management, LDAP, DNS, DHCP, VPN
• Network & Local Printer Support / Management
• Experience with various Backup and Antivirus Products
Candidates interested in the Network Support Technician / Field Support Technician position should forward their cover letter and resume in confidence along with current salary requirements for immediate consideration.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers