compensation: $14-$20 commensurate with experience. Room for growth employment type: part-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Sylvan Learning of Huntington is currently looking for a Robotics & Coding teacher to implement our STEM programs in-center on Saturday mornings (10-1pm) during the school year, and at local summer camps in July and August. You will provide small group instruction to Elementary and middle school students in robotics and coding, while creating a motivating and fun learning environment.
We are looking to expand our offerings, so instructors can work with us to build weeknight classes as well!
Especially interested in candidates who have experience with basic level Python and Java, so please note this when applying.
Our STEM Programs Include
Working with a partner, children will enjoy fun, hands-on projects building, programming and animating robots using LEGO®. Each session encourages creativity and imagination as kids brainstorm, build and experiment with amazing robots. It's a wonderful way to develop critical STEM and problem solving skills. Students are typically in grades 1-5.
Blast into big-time fun! Children will learn computer programming through engaging, hands-on projects. The kids love animating stories and creating video games they can play with friends. Plus, our technology platform is seriously cool... kids have thousands of backgrounds, props, characters and music to choose from to help bring their imaginations to life.
As a Successful Teacher You Will
• Teach using Sylvan based programs
• Supervise, interact with and motivate students during instruction hour while they work with equipment and materials
• Evaluate and document student progress
• Communicate student needs to the center director
• Inspire Students
• Develop rapport with students and establish a fun learning environment
• Maintain a positive attitude and demonstrate enthusiasm for teaching
• A Bachelor's Degree in a related field is preferred. Will consider candidates who are currently in college and who are pursuing related degrees as well!
• Advanced knowledge and familiarity with teaching or tutoring in areas of STEM including coding & robotics is required. Especially interested in candidates who have a basic knowledge of Python and Java.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers