The company is an established Long Island IT & Business Service firm serving clients primarily on Long Island and the Greater NY area for 20+ years. The company is looking to hire an Full-time experienced Level II (or higher level of proficiency) Network and Systems Technician/Specialist. The company is located in Farmingdale and serves clientele primarily in Nassau & Suffolk. The client user-base are primarily on Windows architectures, with some MacOS usage, as well as hybrid on-premise and cloud services.
The role will be primarily devoted to servicing clients remotely and by phone. The role will also include projects related to internal company systems and related projects providing an opportunity to assume management responsibility and advance your skillset. Some local travel may be required. We are a small company with a tight team, congenial and professional work environment focused on collaboration and accountability.
Compensation and Benefits:
Base compensation is $70K/year; higher base compensation will be considered for the right candidate commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Benefits include 401(K), health benefits and paid vacation.
All candidates must be authorized to work in the US, pass a background check and take & pass a basic network skills test.
• Setting up and configuring Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016 servers including multiple different roles
• Install, configure and support Windows 2012/2016 in a LAN / WAN environment
• Install & Configure Active Directory/Group Policy/DNS/DHCP/RDP/IIS/WINS
• Firewall Configuration (Fortinet & Sonic Wall experience a plus)
• Configure switches and routers (Dell & Cisco experience a plus)
• Install and configure server and desktop applications (i.e. MS Office/Exchange/POP & IMAP/SQL, etc)
• Install, configure and support VMware Server
• VPN setup and configuration
• Install and configure network printers and assign rights
• Install, configure and support MacOS and related Apple devices
• Network monitoring and trouble-shooting
• Management of back-up schedules and troubleshooting (Veeam & Acronis experience a plus)
• Train and mentor junior technical staff
• Support internal technical and management initiatives through special projects
• Work with third party vendors - hardware/software/security/services
Required Skills, Experience & Background:
• Experience with 'General Responsibilities' (as described above)
• Strong understanding of network infrastructure technologies (routing, switching, wireless, etc)
• Strong understanding of security technologies (firewalls, patch management, best practices)
• At least 3 years in similar role in a Help Desk, client servicing environment and exceptional phone skills
• Exceptional communication skills and adult attitude and self-awareness
• Exceptional troubleshooting skills and interest in experimentation and 'tinkering'
• Proven experience in a helpdesk atmosphere with exceptional phone skills
• Manage multiple responsibilities and tasks in potentially high pressure situations
• Ability to lift at least 50 lbs on occasion
• Reliable transportation/valid Driver's License to get to work and on-site visits (Company does have vehicles available)
• We are looking for an organized individual that is willing to use existing and new tools for organization and efficiency
• We require a commitment to accountability through documentation and use of our internal client servicing systems
• Competent written communication for effective email correspondence and logging/describing issues, creating instructions for clients
• Comfort with managing multiple tasks as part of a team and independently
• Willingness to learn and improve technically and professionally - the Company very much supports employees and colleagues that are willing to learn and will provide direct support where applicable
• Associate/2-year degree, preferably in a technical discipline or some formal technical training
• Familiarity/experience with remote access and management ('RMM') systems/platforms ie Kaseya, ConnectWise, Autotask, ZenDesk
• Interest in Process Automation and Business Process Management
• Experience with Microsoft Office 365 and other Cloud Suites
• Familiarity with AWS, Azure
• Technical Certifications or progress toward such certifications (ie A+, CCNA, MCSA) and willingness to learn and advance technical knowledge
If you would like to apply for this position, please send us your resumé.
Only actual candidates please apply, we will not accept resumés from recruiters - thank you.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers